FOUNDATIONS is a regular publication of SOFI which is printed and mailed to members; portions will also be posted on this website. Members are invited to submit farm news, births, 'greener pastures' information, sales information, SOFI Superstar Horses, show results, farm stories and other articles of interest to Sheykh Obeyd enthusiasts for potential inclusion in the newsletter and/or on this website.
Member’s Display Ads and Classified Ads will also be posted on this website.
DISPLAY ADVERTISING RATES:
Paid Display ads placed by members will also be published on the SOFI website
at no additional charge
Full Page - $125.00 / One Year Contract-3 Issues - $300.00
Half Page - $75.00 / One Year Contract-3 Issues - $175.00
Quarter Page - $50.00 / One Year Contract-3 Issues - $125.00
Full Page - $185.00 / One Year Contract-3 Issues - $425.00
Half Page - $125.00 / One Year Contract-3 Issues - $275.00
Quarter Page - $90.00 / One Year Contract-3 Issues - $195.00
The rates listed are for CAMERA READY ADS.
Fees for ads requiring additional production cost will be charged to the advertiser.
Deadlines for ad material are as follows, unless members are otherwise notified :
March 1- for Spring/Summer Issue
July 1 - for Fall Issue
Oct. 1 - for Winter Issue
CLASSIFIED ADVERTISING RATES:
Paid Classified ads placed by members will also be published on the SOFI website
at no additional charge.
Sheykh Obeyd Horses For Sale:
One horse, up to 30 words in body ---------$20 per ad
More than one horse (up to 3 horses), and/or 50 words in body---$35 per ad
Sheykh Obeyd Stallions At Stud:
One stallion, up to 30 words in body ---------$20 per ad
More than one stallion (up to 3), and/or 50 words in body---------$35 per ad
Horse Related Items For Sale:
Up to 30 words in body ---------$20 per ad
Add $10 for each additional 10 or less words.
Payment and submission information for Display & Classified Ads:
- E-Mailed submissions are preferred (please see form included in each issue of FOUNDATIONS).
- E-mail or send submissions for both Display and Classified ads to either :
- Please send check for payment by postal mail to Marilyn Lang
- Payment for submissions must be received by SOFI within 10 days of receipt of emailed submissions.
- Word limits for classified ads are strictly enforced. If exceeded, the Publications Committee reserves the right to either edit the ad as needed to meet requirements or to return the ad to member. If returned to member, revised ads must be received by SOFI prior to the submission deadlines in order to insure publication.
- Deadlines for ad material are as follows, unless members are otherwise notified :
March 15- for Spring/Summer Issue
July 15 - for Fall Issue
Oct. 15 - for Winter Issue
*Publication Policy regarding Group Designations :
SOFI defines “group designations” as categorizations qualified by official authorities (legal entities) with specific parameters of inclusion. In accordance with the SOFI By-Laws, SOFI recognizes the following group/sub-group designations for SO horses: Sheykh Obeyd (SO), Al Khamsa (AK) and Straight Egyptian (SE).
Only SOFI recognized group designations will be included in SOFI published and sponsored materials (ads, articles, promotions, etc.) SOFI policy does encourage the use of bloodline group references, such as the names of particular breeders and/or horses.